Sunday, November 23, 2014


Director: Luc Besson
Writers: Luc Besson
Stars: Scarlett Johansson (Lucy), Morgan Freeman (Professor Norman), Min-sik Choi (Mr. Jang), Amr Waked (Pierre Del Rio)

Ah, a movie that depends on and promotes a pervasive myth about the human body! The movie relies on the premise that we only use 10% of our brains (which, by the way is absolutely not true). After becoming an unwitting drug mule, Lucy, an American student studying in Taiwan, becomes able to unlock the remaining 90% when a captor kicks her in the stomach, breaking open bags of a new superdrug inside of her. She soon develops super-intelligence, greater mental acuity, and even the ability to defy physics. Using her newly-acquired skills, she goes after the drug dealers and the other drug mules. With her hands on every ounce of the drug, she gets in touch with Professor Norman in order to insure that the knowledge she has acquired is able to be passed on.

Mini soundtrack:

Beck - "Back to You"
The Crystal Method - "Single Barrel (Sling the Decks)"
Raury - "God's Whisper"

No comments:

Post a Comment